The roles we play (or are cast) to play in our families: Patterns that were passed on to us from our parents and the patterns that we might be setting our kids up for as they grow up.
- If we don't point out these patterns to our kids, then they have a very high likelihood of repeating them.
- The role my father was made to play in his family (by default)
- The role my mother was cast in with her in-laws (my dad's parents) as a result
- How that impacted me as a child and an adult
- How that impacted who I chose to marry (hint, I repeated the pattern)
- My dad's father did not have the awareness or the skills to address the issue with his wife
- How the pattern changed when my dad's mother passed away (like flipping a switch)
- How this caused disagreement and discord between my mother and father
- What I want my kids to be aware of